Jaundice is caused when there are few viruses in the liver and the liver starts to function oddly. When there is a surplus dump of bile pigments in liver then it leads to a problem of jaundice. In jaundice bilirubin in the blood of the patient is enlarged and the skin is turned to yellow. Jaundice is also known as Kamala in ayurvedic terms.
Blockage in the bile ducts, blood sucking diseases and hemolytic anemia are some of the major causes of jaundice.
Symptoms of jaundice include fever, nausea, headache, constipation, loss of appetite, yellow discoloration of tongue skin, urine and eyes, weakness and deadly pain in the liver region.
Listed below are some of the home remedies to heal jaundice:
1. Almonds: Almond is one of the best home remedy to heal jaundice. Soaking 5 to 7 almond in the night and consume it in early morning in the empty stomach can helps to provide relief from liver pain which is the major symptom of jaundice.
2. Tamarind: Adding 1 teaspoon of tamarind in 1 glass of water and drink this solution regularly will helps you to cure this problem. It is also beneficial in curing other health disorder like headache, fever, low level of hunger, etc.
3. Bottle gourd: Drinking a juice of bottle gourd is one of the best treatment for jaundice. People who are suffering from this problem are suggested to drink bottle gourd juice two times in a day in every morning and evening. Using this treatment for 1 week can cure jaundice safely and effectively.
4. Gram: Gram is another useful home remedy for jaundice. Adding a gram in your daily diet can helps you to cure this trouble. To get better result, you are suggested to consume gram by soaking in water for at least 3 days.
5. Long pepper: Long pepper is one of an effective home supplement for jaundice. To get relief from this situation, it is recommended to soak 3 pieces of long pepper in butter milk and consume it in every morning with water for better result. Long pepper can also help to solve the problems of jaundice, chronic fever, diarrhea and loss of appetite.
6. Indian aloe: Indian aloe is an outstanding remedy for liver troubles such as jaundice. For successful treatment, take a pulp of Indian aloe leaves with ginger and black salt in every morning regularly for 10 days.
7. Gokulakanta: The root of this gokulakanta plant is powerful in curing of liver infections like hepatitis and jaundice. To cure this problem, a mixture of the root of the herb in water is prepared and is given to the patient for 2 to 3 times in a day.
Adding of fresh juices and fruits in your daily diet is one of the best method to cure this problem. People who are suffering from jaundice are suggested to consume foods like sweet potatoes, grapes, nuts and black soya beans. Consuming of water melon and plums are also beneficial for healing jaundice.